Heading to Maker Faire Orlando? Here’s some tips:
1) PARKING – We expect the Orlando Science Center garage to fill very early. Here’s our list of alternate lots with a map.
2) TICKETS – Buy online to skip the lines. If you’ve already purchased online, you can bring your printed ticket or use the EventBrite app. Either can be quickly scanned, you’ll get a wristband and be on your way.
3) Make-a-Shirt – We have a screenprinting workshop – you can bring your own shirt in the color / style / size of your choice, or buy a blank shirt on site (limited sizes / colors). Check schedule, program, or mobile apps for more details.
4) Nerdy Derby – We have a Recycler class race – you can bring extra parts from home, or use parts we’ve already collected, then build your car on site. Check schedule, program, or mobile apps for more details.
5) We will be giving away prizes (after the event) to some of our favorite photos & videos shared on social media. Make sure to hashtag #OrlandoMaker and #MakerFaire!
We’ve (almost…) got apps!
We are putting the final touches on our Android & iOS apps which provide Maker Exhibit listings, the schedule with workshops & talks and maps of the Orlando Science Center. You can download the current version now – but make sure to update before you head to Maker Faire Orlando so you have the latest & greatest!
Click the links below, or scan the QR code for your platform.
Huge thanks to Conner Brooks & Jeff Klarfeld for creating these apps!
We are taking Makey out for his last adventure before Maker Faire Orlando! Nerd Nite Orlando is the organizer of this year’s Talks & Panels at Maker Faire, and we will be hanging with Makey and the Nerd Nite crowd on Thursday, September 11th – and we will give away 4 free tickets for Maker Faire Orlando. See you there!
Check out our amazing new poster designed by Michael Ingrassia of Maker Faire Orlando sponsor SteamLabs!
This poster is downloadable in PDF format – please print some and put them near the creative people in your world!
If you have access to a large format printer and want the fullsize art, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a dropbox link.
If you’d like other Maker Faire Orlando promotional items – check out our Promote page for logos, postcards & more!
Make sure you stop by the SteamLabs exhibit at Maker Faire Orlando to chat with Michael, and see a 3D printed version of the robot on the poster!