We love exhibits, small and large, that highlight the process of making things and allow event attendees to interact with both you and your project. The following exhibits ideas are just a few that we’d like to feature this year: Recycled/Upcycled Projects, Handmade Crafts, Interactive Art Projects, Arduino Projects, Raspberry Pi Projects, Radios, Vintage Computers and Game Systems, Textile Arts, Inventors and Student Projects.
We welcome teams of makers, representing their school or local makerspace. Compete in a nerdy derby race, or show off your specialized vehicle on our dedicated power racing track!
It is always free to exhibit at Maker Faire Orlando and makers who also sell their goods will pay a small vendor’s fee.
Call for Makers will close on Monday, June 8 so register today!
Save the Dates! Maker Faire Orlando 2015 will be held on September 12th and 13th and we are once again partnering with the Orlando Science Center to host the event at the Orlando Science Center and the surrounding Loch Haven Park. The 4th annual event will give local makers a venue to show what they are making and share what they are learning.
Call for Makers 2015 will be announced soon so now is the time to start planning what YOU plan to share this year! Be sure to follow us on social media and subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date!
Heading to Maker Faire Orlando? Here’s some tips:
1) PARKING – We expect the Orlando Science Center garage to fill very early. Here’s our list of alternate lots with a map.
2) TICKETS – Buy online to skip the lines. If you’ve already purchased online, you can bring your printed ticket or use the EventBrite app. Either can be quickly scanned, you’ll get a wristband and be on your way.
3) Make-a-Shirt – We have a screenprinting workshop – you can bring your own shirt in the color / style / size of your choice, or buy a blank shirt on site (limited sizes / colors). Check schedule, program, or mobile apps for more details.
4) Nerdy Derby – We have a Recycler class race – you can bring extra parts from home, or use parts we’ve already collected, then build your car on site. Check schedule, program, or mobile apps for more details.
5) We will be giving away prizes (after the event) to some of our favorite photos & videos shared on social media. Make sure to hashtag #OrlandoMaker and #MakerFaire!
Check back later for updated mobile apps as we ramp up for 2015!
We are putting the final touches on our Android & iOS apps which provide Maker Exhibit listings, the schedule with workshops & talks and maps of the Orlando Science Center. You can download the current version now – but make sure to update before you head to Maker Faire Orlando so you have the latest & greatest!
Click the links below, or scan the QR code for your platform.
Huge thanks to Conner Brooks & Jeff Klarfeld for creating these apps!
We are taking Makey out for his last adventure before Maker Faire Orlando! Nerd Nite Orlando is the organizer of this year’s Talks & Panels at Maker Faire, and we will be hanging with Makey and the Nerd Nite crowd on Thursday, September 11th – and we will give away 4 free tickets for Maker Faire Orlando. See you there!