Save the Dates! Maker Faire Orlando 2015 will be held on September 12th and 13th and we are once again partnering with the Orlando Science Center to host the event at the Orlando Science Center and the surrounding Loch Haven Park. The 4th annual event will give local makers a venue to show what they are making and share what they are learning.
Call for Makers 2015 will be announced soon so now is the time to start planning what YOU plan to share this year! Be sure to follow us on social media and subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date!
Maker Faire Orlando 2014 was an amazing success. A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone involved – it took well over 1,000 of us to create the event – Makers, Maker helpers, volunteers, our community advisory board, our community partners, our sponsors, and the amazing team at the Orlando Science Center.
We’d also like to thank the attendees – what an awesome crowd of engaged, inquisitive learners. We heard story after story from our Makers about how the attendees made the event special for them.
Our next task is to get some rest and watch all the awesome photos & videos that are being shared. We are giving away some Skycraft Parts & Surplus gift certificates to some of our favorites (but not til the weekend), so as you share, make sure you tag us, use the #OrlandoMaker hashtag, or shoot us a link to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be back in a few days with stats on the event, and to highlight some of our favorite memories.
Heading to Maker Faire Orlando? Here’s some tips:
1) PARKING – We expect the Orlando Science Center garage to fill very early. Here’s our list of alternate lots with a map.
2) TICKETS – Buy online to skip the lines. If you’ve already purchased online, you can bring your printed ticket or use the EventBrite app. Either can be quickly scanned, you’ll get a wristband and be on your way.
3) Make-a-Shirt – We have a screenprinting workshop – you can bring your own shirt in the color / style / size of your choice, or buy a blank shirt on site (limited sizes / colors). Check schedule, program, or mobile apps for more details.
4) Nerdy Derby – We have a Recycler class race – you can bring extra parts from home, or use parts we’ve already collected, then build your car on site. Check schedule, program, or mobile apps for more details.
5) We will be giving away prizes (after the event) to some of our favorite photos & videos shared on social media. Make sure to hashtag #OrlandoMaker and #MakerFaire!
Check back later for updated mobile apps as we ramp up for 2015!
We are putting the final touches on our Android & iOS apps which provide Maker Exhibit listings, the schedule with workshops & talks and maps of the Orlando Science Center. You can download the current version now – but make sure to update before you head to Maker Faire Orlando so you have the latest & greatest!
Click the links below, or scan the QR code for your platform.
Huge thanks to Conner Brooks & Jeff Klarfeld for creating these apps!
We are taking Makey out for his last adventure before Maker Faire Orlando! Nerd Nite Orlando is the organizer of this year’s Talks & Panels at Maker Faire, and we will be hanging with Makey and the Nerd Nite crowd on Thursday, September 11th – and we will give away 4 free tickets for Maker Faire Orlando. See you there!